This is our first chance to learn about you, so please be as creative as you want in your video.
- What excites you about applying to this program?
- Why are you a good addition to the Harold Ramis Film School?
- How does the completion of this program fit into your long term goals?
The goal of this program is to hone your artistic and comedic sensibilities. If accepted into the program, we want to know what your influences are.
Please select one:
- Write an essay with a comedic point of view that deals with any topic you find interesting, frustrating, or worth exploring.
- Tell us how you view the future of comedy and satire in our culture, and how do you see your place as a comedic storyteller.
- Choose a specific film and write a persuasive essay describing its impact on you and its place in our culture.
Essay should be no longer than five pages.
One sample of your work. This can be a short story, poetry, short film, screenplay, interpretive dance, puppet show, performance art, you name it—anything that shows an expression of your artistic ability.
- If submitting a video sample, no longer than five minutes in length.
- If submitting a story or screenplay, please limit to a 5-page selection.
Include a description of your work sample.
- Tell us about the work sample you provided.
- What was your role in this work sample?
- What was your intention in creating this piece?
- How does this work sample represent your artistic voice?
Now is your chance for someone to say something illuminating about you! Two letters must be from former teachers, faculty members, mentors or employers.
November 15, 2017 for Winter 2018 term
January 15, 2018 for Spring 2018 term
May 15, 2018 for Fall 2018 term
Rolling admissions review
December 1, 2018 for Winter 2018 term
February 1, 2018 for Spring 2018 term
June 1, 2018 for Fall 2018 term
Winter 2018 – January 22, 2018
Spring 2018 – May 14, 2018
Fall 2018 – September 4, 2018
Winter 2019 – January 14, 2019
Fees & Tuition
Year Long Program Tuition: $17,500.00
18 years old
High School Diploma or GED
Tuition & Payment Plans
Tuition for the full year is $17,500 (for cohorts beginning Spring 2017). Tuition is nonrefundable, nontransferable. If you need help with tuition, we have payment plans and scholarships available.
You can pay the tuition in full or via payment plans. Please make checks out to Second City Training Center or email email@example.com for a consultation on your personalized payment plan.