This is our first chance to learn about you, so please be as creative as you want in your video.
- What excites you about applying to this program?
- Why are you a good addition to the Harold Ramis Film School?
- How does the completion of this program fit into your long term goals?
Cover Letter Video should be no longer than 5 minutes.
The goal of this program is to hone your artistic and comedic sensibilities. If accepted into the program, we want to know what your influences are.
Please select one:
- Write an essay with a comedic point of view that deals with any topic you find interesting, frustrating, or worth exploring.
- Tell us how you view the future of comedy and satire in our culture, and how do you see your place as a comedic storyteller.
- Choose a specific film and write a persuasive essay describing its impact on you and its place in our culture.
Essay should be no longer than five pages.
One sample of your work. This can be a short story, poetry, short film, screenplay, interpretive dance, puppet show, performance art, you name it—anything that shows an expression of your artistic ability.
- If submitting a video sample, no longer than five minutes in length.
- If submitting a story or screenplay, please limit to a 5-page selection.
Include a description of your work sample.
- Tell us about the work sample you provided.
- What was your role in this work sample?
- What was your intention in creating this piece?
- How does this work sample represent your artistic voice?
Now is your chance for someone to say something illuminating about you! Two letters must be from former teachers, faculty members, mentors or employers.
September 16, 2019 for Winter 2020 term
Fall 2019 Start Date: August 19, 2019
Winter 2020 Start Date: January 6, 2020
Fees & Tuition
Year Long Program Tuition: $17,500.00
18 years old
High School Diploma or GED
Tuition & Payment Plans
Tuition for the full year is $17,500. Tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable. If you need help with tuition, we have payment plans available.
You can pay the tuition in full or via payment plans. Please make checks out to Second City Training Center or email email@example.com for a consultation on your personalized payment plan.