The Second City Training Center is thrilled to introduce a new scholarship program for beginning and continuing students. Up to 25 scholarships will be granted each term to students to cover the tuition of one approved Training Center program class, including:
- Improv Level A
- Writing 1
- Stand-Up 1
- Acting 1
- Intro to Writing for TV & Film
- Improv for Actors 1
- Conservatory Level 1
- Music Improv 1
- Storytelling 1
- …. or a continuation of the program you’re already in!
In addition to receiving their first class at no cost, the selected students will also be able to work with our team to customize tuition payment plans for those wishing to continue their studies. Current Training Center students wishing to begin a new program are welcome to apply, as are new students who have never taken a Second City class previously.
Students or prospective students ages 19 and up who are experiencing financial duress are welcome to submit an application. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+ applicants, women, and/or applicants with disabilities to apply. (Please note: a separate application is available for classes in the Kids & Teens program.)
Scholarships can be used for most classes in most programs. Scholarships are valid for standard 8-week/once-per-week courses only. All recipients also receive financial planning for future coursework.
Scholarships will be reviewed by the Training Center Artistic & Administrative team and awarded based on:
- Financial need (No need to send in your W2s, but we do want these scholarships to go towards people who really need them.)
- Availability of your class of interest (Do we have a class that works for you? Is it running this term?)
- Expressed desire to join The Second City! (Just be honest in your responses. Let us know why this scholarship would be important for you.)
If you don’t get awarded a scholarship, you’ll hear from us either way. We can work with you to sign up for the class you want to take, or you can try again next term. Please note that you’ll need to re-submit your application each term to be considered.
Please fill out the form below to apply for a scholarship. The application deadline is NOON on December 2nd, 2019 for Term 1 2020 (January & February) classes.