Scholarships are available for introductory and higher level classes in our adult programs, including Improv, Conservatory, Acting, Writing, and Stand Up. All recipients are also eligible to receive assistance with financial planning for future coursework. Please note there is a limit to how many scholarships a student may be awarded for the same program. Scholarships are valid for standard 7-week/once-per-week courses only.
Current Training Center students are welcome to apply, as are new students who have not previously taken a Second City class. Applicants must be 19 or older and demonstrate financial need.
We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+ applicants, women, and/or applicants with disabilities to apply.
Scholarships will be reviewed by the Training Center Artistic & Administrative team and awarded based on:
- Financial need (No need-based documentation required, however we are very dedicated to helping those individuals who have a special circumstance and may not otherwise be able to participate)
- Availability of your class of interest (Do we have a class that works for you? Is it running this term?)
- Expressed desire to join The Second City! (Please be honest in your response. Let us know why this scholarship would be important for you.)
Once the application deadline for each term has passed, you will hear from us regarding your application, regardless of your acceptance status. We will not respond to inquiries regarding the status of individual applications prior to the deadline. In the event you are not accepted, we can work with you to sign up for the class you want to take, or you can submit an application again next term. Please note, you'll need to re-submit your application each term for consideration.
The deadline to apply for each term is as follows:
- Term 1 2021 - Tuesday, December 15th, 2020
- Term 2 2021 - Tuesday, February 9th, 2021
- Term 3 2021 - Tuesday, April 14th, 2021
- Term 4 2021 - Tuesday, June 15th, 2021
- Term 5 2021 - Tuesday, August 11th, 2021
- Term 6 2021 - Tuesday, October 5th, 2021
- Term 1 2022 - Tuesday, December 14th, 2022
Equal Opportunity Statement: Second City fully believes in equal opportunity and access to education and scholarships for every individual who has a desire to learn, regardless of race, gender, gender identity and expression, or disability status.