Scholarships are available for introductory and higher level classes in our adult programs, including Improv, Conservatory, Acting, Writing, and Stand Up. Please note there is a limit to how many scholarships a student may be awarded for the same program.
In addition to receiving a scholarship, the selected students will also be able to work with our team to customize tuition payment plans for those wishing to continue their studies. Current Training Center students wishing to begin a new program are welcome to apply, as are new students who have not previously taken a Second City class.
Students or prospective students ages 19 and up who have a financial need are welcome to submit an application. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+ applicants, women, and/or applicants with disabilities to apply.
Scholarships can be used for most classes in most programs. Scholarships are valid for standard 7-week/once-per-week courses only. All recipients also receive financial planning for future coursework.
Scholarships will be reviewed by the Training Center Artistic & Administrative team and awarded based on:
- Financial need (No need-based documentation required, however we are very dedicated to helping those individuals who have a special circumstance and may not otherwise be able to participate)
- Availability of your class of interest (Do we have a class that works for you? Is it running this term?)
- Expressed desire to join The Second City! (Please be honest in your response. Let us know why this scholarship would be important for you.)
Please expect to hear from us regarding your application, regardless of your acceptance status. In the event you are not accepted, we can work with you to sign up for the class you want to take, or you can submit an application again next term. Please note, you'll need to re-submit your application each term for consideration.
The deadline to apply for each term is as follows:
- Term 1 2021 - Tuesday, December 15th, 2020
- Term 2 2021 - Tuesday, February 9th, 2021
- Term 3 2021 - Tuesday, April 14th, 2021
- Term 4 2021 - Tuesday, June 15th, 2021
- Term 5 2021 - Tuesday, August 11th, 2021
- Term 6 2021 - Tuesday, October 5th, 2021
- Term 1 2022 - Tuesday, December 14th, 2022
Equal Opportunity Statement: Second City fully believes in equal opportunity and access to education and scholarships for every individual who has a desire to learn, regardless of race, gender, gender identity and expression, or disability status.