The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy. Dedicated to entertaining, inspiring, and transforming through fearless comedy, the company’s ten resident stages in Chicago and Toronto, plus eight Touring Companies and a booming Theatricals division, entertain an additional one million theatergoers a year around the globe. The Second City Training Center, which included the Second City Film School, is the largest school of improvisation on the planet, with locations in Chicago, Toronto, and Los Angeles. Second City Works, the B2B side of The Second City, focuses on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insights, and Second City Entertainment’s foray into television and media continues to produce new content and programming. Founded in 1959, The Second City continues to grow rapidly in size and influence by upholding five core values: performance; ensemble; diversity and inclusion; resiliency; and authenticity
About the Position
The Second City is looking for a Website Manager. If you are obsessed with improving UX, site functionality, performance and delighting customers, we would love to meet you. It is an exciting time to join our team, The Second City has just put out an RFP for a new website.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and enhancing brand websites, including hosting (WP Engine), content management, plug-ins and third-party integrations
- Troubleshoot and resolve specific site issues and wider technical challenges related to performance, accessibility, stability, security
- Manage site launches, transfers and takedowns, including disaster recovery and site archive procedures
- Drive communication for users and outside vendors, when necessary, to respond to service requests and implement solutions to problems. This includes internal stakeholders (such as Marketing Managers)
- Mentor and train other team members to expand knowledge base, skill level
- Assist in the conduction of systems analysis and configuration activities for Second City to document new and modified user experience.
- Highly proficient in WordPress/Divi, HTML/CSS and website development
- Knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and analytical
- Well-spoken and professional
- Team player
- Relevant Bachelors of Science degree. Computer Science preferred
The Second City is an open, inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check and must be 21 and older.
The Second City follows CDC guidelines and recommendations regarding safety measures to navigate the Covid-19 pandemic. To work at The Second City you must show proof of being fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2. Applicants with medical or religious exemptions will be considered.