The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation with theatres and training centers in Chicago, Toronto, and Hollywood. We have full time touring ensembles, the Harold Ramis Film School, and a thriving B2B division focused on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insight. Founded in 1959, the company continues to grow rapidly in size and influence.
The Operations Assistant is responsible for the setup and maintenance of the classroom spaces as well as accommodating the general public in the building during shows and classes. Along with general setup, the operations assistant also assists with administrative tasks. Availability in evenings/ nights and on weekends is required.
- Classroom set up: sufficient chairs, supplies, operational equipment, as well as a clean space.
- Attendance: distribute attendance sheets and keep track of attendance.
- Equipment maintenance: Keep track of equipment and notify the student services manager if there is malfunctioning gear.
- Have face-to-face communication with teachers on their classroom set-up.
- Handle any out-of-the ordinary incidents with standard protocols.
- Additional administrative tasks as needed.
- Friendly and personable, with excellent communication skills.
- Able to work effectively and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Informative, patient, and eager sense of initiative to solve problems.
- Efficiency in finishing projects.
- Demonstrated history of dependability and punctuality.
- Familiar with Google office suite, Microsoft Office suite, and comfortable with all basic computer functions, Salesforce experience a plus.
- Enthusiastic about improv, sketch comedy, and the Chicago theatre scene.
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our Chicagoland community.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Operations Assistant). No phone calls please.
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check and must be 21 and older.