The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy. Dedicated to entertaining, inspiring, and transforming through fearless comedy, the company’s ten resident stages in Chicago and Toronto, plus eight Touring Companies and a booming Theatricals division, entertain an additional one million theatergoers a year around the globe.The Second City Training Center, which included the Harold Ramis Film School, is the largest school of improvisation on the planet, with locations in Chicago, Toronto, and Los Angeles. Second City Works, the B2B side of The Second City, focuses on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insights, and Second City Entertainment’s foray into television and media continues to produce new content and programming. Founded in 1959, The Second City continues to grow rapidly in size and influence by upholding five core values: performance; ensemble; diversity and inclusion; resiliency; and authenticity.
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, a love for sales and promotions and like to laugh (at least a little), please read on…
The Second City Toronto is hiring a Ticket Promotions Manager to help bring a lot of laughter and even more satire to all the people and tourists in the greater Toronto area (meaning, we need you to get their butts in our seats — because once we have them, they’ll never want to leave). This is great for junior level sales person looking to make a big impact!
This job is no laughing matter though. We aren’t just looking for someone who loves comedy (it definitely helps though) — the perfect candidate will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, have a proactive mindset and most importantly will not be afraid to take creative risks to maximize effectiveness of sales, marketing and promotional efforts to achieve ticket sales goals. Our mission is to entertain, inspire and transform through fearless comedy. We expect our promotional approach and efforts to be just as bold.
The Ticket Promotions Manager reports directly to the VP of Business Operations. The two will work collaboratively to develop sales and promotional plans and supporting tactics to drive the business. The Ticket Promotions Manager will then have autonomy in seeing those plans through.
This is a full-time position with company-provided benefits, PTO and fun perks, like FREE CLASSES in our training centre!
Salary: $40k plus commission
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate new and grow existing relationships and promotional partnerships with local vendors, businesses and distribution partners to increase visibility for the stages and drive ticket sales.
- Manage all performance listings to ensure constant presence in the market and optimize click through rates and revenue potential through conversion tracking
- Manage all third party ticket seller and affiliate marketing agreements by creating and implementing yearly plans to promote and sell all performances
- Manage the Hotel Concierge program by maintaining consistent presence through regular visits, managing monthly newsletter, initiating special promotions and planning all industry night events promoting new performances.
- Attend Tourism Toronto and Toronto Attraction Council events and meetings to optimize Second City’s exposure in the visitor and convention markets
- Constantly seek out new grass-roots efforts to extend the brand’s reach and acquire new ticket buyers
- Analyze and report on the ROI of all promotions and work with department heads to adapt to optimize marketing spends
- Coordinate with the Art department on artwork development, resizing needs, advertising fulfillment, and other graphic design needs
- Maintain marketing and promotional collateral and merchandise stock and coordinate distribution to support internal and external efforts
- Ensure continued communication with box office and customer service team in regard to new promotions, events, initiatives, show schedules
- Review and coordinate maintenance of website content to include show descriptions, images, reviews and links.
- Work closely with PR and the Production team to assist in all opening night activities to include coordinating ticketing and photography requests from press, partners, and other special guests
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Entrepreneurship, or related fields
- Minimum 2-3 years professional experience in Sales, Marketing, Communications, or related fields
- Well-versed in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress, and Social Media tools
- Knowledge of other software systems (such as CRM, Project Management, etc.) a plus
- Available to work nights and weekends, as required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and to keep focused in a fast-paced environment
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.