The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy. Dedicated to entertaining, inspiring, and transforming through fearless comedy, the company’s ten resident stages in Chicago and Toronto, plus eight Touring Companies and a booming Theatricals division, entertain an additional one million theatergoers a year around the globe.The Second City Training Center, which included the Harold Ramis Film School, is the largest school of improvisation on the planet, with locations in Chicago, Toronto, and Los Angeles. Second City Works, the B2B side of The Second City, focuses on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insights, and Second City Entertainment’s foray into television and media continues to produce new content and programming. Founded in 1959, The Second City continues to grow rapidly in size and influence by upholding five core values: performance; ensemble; diversity and inclusion; resiliency; and authenticity.
The Student Success Manager for the Chicago Training Center is responsible for tracking and promoting retention and supporting student achievement. They manage student academic, financial, and administrative services, but the role is much broader than that and the ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced and busy collaborative environment.
We are looking for a super solutions-focused, adaptable person with a passion for data analysis, student administration and retention. Reporting directly to the Managing Director of The Second City Training Center, you will be heavily focused on strategizing student re-entry and utilizing your foresight to enable instant decision making and solving issues that come up on the spot. You will also be comfortable working in a multidisciplinary environment and possess the ability to effectively communicate with our wonderfully diverse student base.
Schedule : This is a full-time exempt position. The ideal candidate for this position is available to work a flexible schedule if needed, and will also have some degree of flexibility to set their own schedule.
- Track student retention and trends
- Analyze key metrics and student data
- Assist continuing students with academic planning
- Administrate customized payment plans and follow up on failed payments
- Manage student class placements
- Address student feedback and grievances
- Approve refunds, credits, and transfers
- Process transactions for Second City employee classes
- Support student scholarship efforts
- Assist with substitute teacher process
- Track student attendance
- Coordinate with Programming Manager to adjust programming based on retention patterns
- Ensure compliance with student waivers
- Work in tandem with Operations team to ensure student/teacher needs are met
- Process student class evaluations
- Manage student orientation sessions
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/ COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Proficiency with Google Docs
- Proficiency with Salesforce or similar online registration or CRM system
- Experience with proper customer service and phone etiquette
- Solutions-based approach
- Experience creating and implementing processes
- Ability to work with a team in a shared office environment, as well as independently
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Self-starter who works well under pressure and in a constantly changing environment
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Full dental, vision and health benefits
- 401k eligible with matching after one year of employment
- Eligible for performance bonus if division and company goals are met
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our Chicagoland community.
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check