About Second City Works
Second City Works is the professional services side of The Second City, the world’s leading comedy theatre and school of improvisation. We serve more than 600 clients –including nearly 25% of the Fortune 500– through hands-on learning, licensed and custom video, consumer marketing programs, and custom live entertainment. When businesses engage Second City Works they develop unique insights and skills to better collaborate and create with their colleagues and customers. Working with leading international clients across various industries, including tech, CPG, financial services and healthcare, over 4 million employees view our video content globally, and we maintain a Net Promoter Score of 82. We are adding to our Sales Enablement team to expand our impact and match market demand for our solutions. To know more about us, visit The Second City Works’ website.
About the role
The Second City has been an iconic institution for 60 years. Our award winning shows, training center, together with Second City Works, enable us to share our talent and techniques with locals, visitors and businesses alike. To reflect that, we will be adding someone to our team to expand our network and enhance our position as a strategic partner to current and prospective clients.
As a Strategic Solutions Manager, you will act as a partner and subject matter expert to the Client Partner team and create and drive new market opportunities. You will be highly engaged in the qualifying, proposal, closing phases, providing strategic solutions based on client objectives and needs with a focus on upsell and multi-year opportunities, where possible.
Those who match well to this role excel at discovering expansion opportunities, architecting complex solutions, recognizing patterns, and collaborating internally as well as they do with clients. Like The Second City itself, our success with Second City Works is built on exploration, collaboration and saying “Yes, And” to our partners.
Success in the role is measured by programmatic deals and cross selling, client relationship development and new client growth.
This is an exempt role reporting to the VP of Sales Operations.
- Applications and Portfolio knowledge: Specialist level knowledge of all major products and services; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations. Apply a consultative approach to introducing and selling value-add products and Second City Works solutions
- Articulating Value Propositions: Deeply understand client goals and objectives and how they can only be supported by Second City Works product offerings
- Client Education: Educate and influence clients on complementary features, services and solutions increased value attainment.
- Credibility and Trust: Function as a strategic business partner and advisor for clients, building credibility and trust
- Accountable for developing compelling business cases
- Provide specialist capability to accelerate business growth for the clients & Client Partner team
Minimum skills and qualifications
- BA in business, marketing or a related field
- Experience selling products or services to Fortune 1000 leaders, navigating multiple stakeholders across an organization (specific experience within the professional services space a plus)
- Experience in a solutions architect or consultative selling role
- Ability to think strategically with a proven track record of providing consultative and value-added solutions
- Communication skills that make other people envious; collaboration skills that make teammates thankful
- Consistently moves the customer or prospect towards commitment and provides service that exceeds customer expectations
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and time within a fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrated sales success due to inquisitiveness, resilience and/or likeability. Preferably all 3
- Ability to work independently and collaborate cross-functionally
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.