This touring stage management role will be with various Second City Touring Companies or Theatrical projects. Most jobs will require out of town travel, however, some shows may take place at the The Second City Chicago.
Schedule : This is a part time position. The ideal candidate for this position is available to work evenings and weekends, with the flexibility to adjust as needed. 10-30 hours per week.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Running light boards during performances
- Printing & distributing scripts
- Completes performance reports & distributes to production staff
- Familiarity with AEA Rulebook
- Reporting weekly attendance
- Driving touring vehicles
- Managing company credit card for road expenses
- Handling client payments
- Leading on-site tech rehearsals for Touring productions
- Securing and managing props
- Scheduling rehearsal space
- Archiving newly generated scripts
- Familiarity with Touring tech riders
Qualifications to have this position:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proven track record of being a good driver
- Familiarity with improv and sketch comedy
- Experience with sound and lighting design
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our Chicagoland community.
This position is currently open, and we’d like to find the right candidate as soon as possible. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , no phone calls please.
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check and must be 21 and older.