The service expeditor position is responsible for expediting food orders in a timely manner and acting as a server relief for breaks.
- Ensure that food is expedited from the kitchen to theatre in a timely manner
- Act as a server relief while servers are on break
- Assist in seating at the start of a show before orders are taken
- Light bussing of tables during performances
- Days with multiple shows, ensure that the theatre is reset in a timely and efficient manner during the flip.
- Drink delivery as required by FOH Manager.
- Additional duties as required by FOH Manager
- Previous experience in a theatre or restaurant environment is considered and asset
- Demonstrates exceptional energy and stamina; upholds the highest quality standards for food, service and in-theatre management.
- Clear verbal communications skills.
- Interest in live theatre and comedy considered an asset
- Excellent time management skills in particular with regards to punctuality
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends & holidays.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
The Second City is an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.