About Second City Works
Second City Works is the professional services side of The Second City, the world’s leading comedy theatre and school of improvisation. We serve more than 600 clients –including nearly 25% of the Fortune 500– through hands-on learning, licensed and custom video, consumer marketing programs, and custom live & virtual entertainment. When businesses engage Second City Works they develop unique insights and skills to better collaborate and create with their colleagues and customers. We work with leading international clients across various industries, including: tech, CPG, financial services and healthcare. In addition, our digital video library with business-focused content reaches over 4 million global employees. We are adding to our Sales team to expand our impact and match market demand for our solutions. To know more about us, visit https://www.secondcityworks.com/feed-types/news
About the role
The Second City has been an iconic institution for 60 years. Our award winning shows, training center, together with Second City Works, enable us to share our talent and techniques with locals, visitors and businesses alike. To reflect that, we will be adding to our Sales team to expand our network and enhance our position as a strategic partner to our portfolio of clients and partners.
In order to deliver the best possible product and service to our customers, our B2B sales team is composed of specialists that excel in different areas depending on our clients needs. With your sales expertise, customer relation skills, and excitement for technology, this role will focus on delivering our product suite of Second City products and services.
To excel in this role, this person will be prospecting and closing net new business while driving revenue. You will consult prospects to identify their business challenges in areas like: ethics and compliance, diversity & inclusion, sales effectiveness, and improving leadership skills. This role will require critical thinking in order to provide and present a tailored solution based on their challenges.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the VP of Sales.
The primary product you’d be responsible for selling is Real Biz Shorts, a digital subscription library (240+ titles) of videos that use lighthearted humor and engaging storytelling to take your training to the next level. The largest collection of comedic video shorts dedicated to risk areas in Ethics & Compliance includes both animation and live-action style videos. A powerful ongoing engagement and reinforcement tool to supplement a company's existing ethics & compliance mandatory compliance program.
As a trusted product advisor, you’ll add value for us and our prospects by solving their business problems. You’ll bring a consultative selling approach and become a specialist for your customers and your peers by expertly packaging and tailoring our product-based solutions to meet customer needs. Your role is critical to establish us as the premier business partner for your prospective clients and customers.
You are responsible for building C-Level relationships in an effort to execute their global strategic plans as it relates to our suite of products. You will work closely with our Product Management and Customer Success Teams to ensure account growth and optimum customer satisfaction. Your goal is to develop net-new business and to uncover new opportunities.
- Understanding and evaluating industry, business and customer trends to build strategic plans that drive sales.
- Detailed knowledge of our product application abilities and how to articulate and successfully implement at client level.
- Crafting creative solutions while demonstrating value to help your prospects obtain their goals.
- Closing sales and driving contract negotiations.
- Creates and maintains detailed and accurate Account/Oppty plans and reviews/updates and communicates these on a regular basis.
- Prepares sales forecasts, account status reports, and recommendations to enhance account growth and revenue potential.
The right candidate
- Is sales-driven, with a drive to create new opportunities.
- Has a track record of handling customer expectations, navigating challenging conversations, and unlocking new opportunities.
- Comfortable with prospecting and generating their own book of business.
- Creates and maintains a detailed and accurate Account/Oppty plan and communicates these on a regular basis.
- Develops proposals and ability to present via virtual or in-person.
- Teams with internal colleagues and alliance partners to develop creative prospect solutions.
- Understands effective negotiation techniques and seeks to apply them in most situations.
- Focused on achieving mutually beneficial, "win-win" results and is alert to customer buying signals and identifies and acts on closing opportunities.
Minimum skills and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and an ability to operate in positions requiring significant self-direction and motivation.
- A proven track record in consultative selling solutions, in addition to broad knowledge and expertise in the industry.
- Knowledge of Solutions Selling methodology and tools and applies these regularly to both gain a better understanding of the customers' environment and manage the relationship.
- BA in business, marketing or 5+ years in sales or account management, customer success or post-sales roles
- A creative problem solver who is able to think beyond requirements, innovate and provide thoughtful solutions
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and time within a fast-moving environment; timely communication to clients is a must
- Dedication to accuracy and detail, while remaining results-oriented
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal - presentation and report-building are a necessary part of presenting to clients on a regular basis
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.