● Works under supervision of Controller
● Maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure ● Works with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit including the preparation of all supporting account reconciliations
● Works with Controller to prepare the annual budget as well as the supporting financial analyses ● Supports Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements ● Works closely with payroll accountant to ensure payroll related entries are properly recorded ● Month-end closing tasks include the following:
o Record all ticket revenue appropriately using the ticketing system, Patron Manager o Record all tuition revenue appropriately using the student registration system, Activenet o Reconcile accounts receivables and deferred revenue as often as possible
o Review budget vs actual variances across all departments and provide analysis to Controller and leadership
o Reconcile all intercompany activity
● Assists in various forms of governmental compliance by filing all tax and informational returns with the various governing bodies including sales tax returns and HST returns as well as renewing liquor licenses and other legal documents.
● Maintains Corporate Credit Card program and trains staff on company credit card reporting tool (Smartdata)
● Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
● Performs other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice - by the CFO, Controller, or ownership
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required
● 3+ year of relevant accounting experience
● Must possess basic math skills, the ability to analyze figures, knowledge of accounting principles, and excellent verbal and written skills. They must be able to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently.
● Experience with NetSuite ERP preferred
● Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is also required
The Second City is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We strive to attract diverse talent of all genders, sexual orientation, age brackets, race, ethnicity, language, abilities, marital status, income, and education.