About Second City Works
Second City Works is the professional services arm of The Second City, the world’s leading comedy theatre and
school of improvisation. We serve more than 600 clients –including nearly 25% of the Fortune 500– through hands-
on learning, licensed and custom video, consumer marketing programs, and custom live entertainment. When
businesses engage Second City Works they develop unique insights and skills to better collaborate and create with
their colleagues and customers. Working with leading international clients across various industries, including tech,
CPG, financial services and healthcare, over 4 million employees view our video content globally, and we maintain a
Net Promoter Score of 82. We are adding to our Sales Enablement team to expand our impact and match market
demand for our solutions. To know more about us, visit https://www.secondcityworks.com/feed-types/news
About the Role
The Second City has been an iconic institution for 60 years. Our award-winning shows, training center, together with
Second City Works, enable us to share our talent and techniques with locals, visitors, and businesses alike. To
reflect that, we will be adding to our Sales Enablement team to expand our network and enhance our position as a
strategic partner to our portfolio of clients and partners.
The Sales Enablement Associate will play a key role on the Sales Operations team at Second City to bring initiatives,
information, and insights to our selling teams. The person in this role will support strategic programs, lead sales team
communications, drive the use of sales enablement tools, and support training programs for new and existing sales
professionals across all functions at the Second City. Across these areas, the person taking this role should have a
passion for sales, technology, and an analytical mindset, with an ability to influence people across different teams
and professional experience. This role will be based in the US, ideally Chicago, with responsibilities in our Training
Center, Stages, and B2B area of the business. It goes without saying, but a “Yes, And” mindset is critical!
Overall, our Sales Enablement team focuses on driving prospects in the middle of the sales funnel to close, while
creating and documenting sales processes and tools throughout the sales cycle. We work closely with our Marketing
and the rest of the Operations team to support overall business intivaties.
Success in this role is measured by the revenue generated from our sales teams by enabling them to close
net new business, expansion and upsell of existing customers, while maximizing renewal rates.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Sr. Manager of Sales Enablement.
● Process Documentation: Supporting role to Sr. Enablement Manager to capture and document all business
processes throughout all business functions of our business.
● Reporting Analytics: Requires a keen understanding of our business and how to present data in a digestible
format for leaders to drive sales activity and overall business decisions.
● Training & Onboarding: Supporting role to lead new hires through best practices within all business
functions of our business.
● Sales Productivity: Supporting role to identify areas of opportunity to enable our selling teams to work more
effectively, including areas like; historical & industry trends, usage of sales tools, customer-facing
documentation & communication.
● GTM Initivaties: Supporting new product launches and creating new documentation for selling teams.
The right candidate
● Is sales-driven, with a drive to create opportunities within customer accounts
● Is customer-obsessed, and is motivated by customer health
● Is experienced and comfortable managing a $5M+ book of business
● Has a track record of handling customer expectations, navigating challenging conversations, and unlocking
● Works as an ensemble with our sales, creative, and production team to ensure all customer feedback is
communicated and implemented on their behalf
Minimum skills and qualifications
● 1-3 years of sales enablement, sales, marketing, program/project management, communications, or
● Administrative experience with Salesforce and/or other enablement tools is an advantage
● Experience managing programs or platforms with multiple business groups/users
● Strong written and verbal communications with the ability to influence stakeholders
● Demonstrated project management and collaboration skills across functional groups
● Inherent drive and desire for continuous improvement
● Extremely organized, self-starter, with strong attention to details
● Strong work ethic, creative problem solver, and team player
● Process documentation and management experience
● Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and time within a fast-moving environment; timely communication to
clients is a must
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them, their diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity, and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or under represented in our business and around our community.