About the team
The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation, with theaters and training centers in Chicago, Toronto, and Hollywood. We also collaborate with hundreds of Fortune 1000 clients through Second City Works, and have recently established the Harold Ramis Film School as the only film school in the world focused entirely on comedy. Together we form a diverse mix of creative, operational, left, right and otherwise-brained people who share in the privilege of writing the next act for The Second City.
About the role
One way we collaborate with global clients is via the Brandstage joint venture we share with Kantar/WPP. Brandstage is a consumer insights solution that brings brand stakeholders, their target customers, and the complementary talents of Kantar and Second City into the same room to gather unique, differentiated consumer insights and accelerate the creative process for some of the world’s largest, most sophisticated marketers. With a growing number of Brandstage engagements in the pipeline, we will be adding a Client Services Project Manager to ensure that delivery and client satisfaction match the high standards of this venture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Brandstage Joint Venture)
- Be the Second City client liaison for contract execution, scheduling, updates/adjustments to scope, general questions and engagement deliverables
- Collaborate with Second City Works business development and leadership teams on identified pipeline opportunities and provide accurate timelines and budget ranges according to brief
- Be familiar with key stakeholders from both SCW and Kantar and communicate necessary information in a swift, timely fashion
- Run agendas and next steps on all internal meetings to move conversations and deliverables along
- Be able to identify the right fit of production/talent resources based on the business opportunity
- Maintain and help build/develop bench of potential Brandstage talent
- Manage multiple production timelines and individual processes simultaneously
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Client Event Production)
- Be point-of-contact for client and full team (SCW/Kantar) throughout production process
- Assign and book talent based on brief/scope of engagement (Director, Writer, Performer, etc.)
- If applicable, book travel for admin and talent on engagements
- Secure location and catering (both onsite at Second City and out of town when applicable)
- Maintain timeline and budget in accordance with agreed upon gross profit margin, and maintain accurate records systems throughout full production
- Produce and manage timelines on deliverables (Program, Scrapbook, Final Report, Video)
- Ensure the client experience is memorable and ideal
- Reconcile invoices and payroll per engagement
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- 3+ years experience in producing live events or similar project management experience
- Evidence of successfully partnering with internal as well as external contacts (i.e. client-facing experience)
- Enviable communication skills to keep distributed teams aligned and engaged
- Demonstrated confidence and awareness to identify blockers and opportunities in advance
- MS Office and G Suite Proficiency
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
To Apply, Please email email@example.com with the job in the subject line and resume attached.