ABOUT THE SECOND CITY
Dedicated to entertaining, inspiring, and transforming through courageous comedy, The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy. With sold-out shows playing on stages in Chicago and Toronto, Second City’s Touring and Theatrical companies entertain an additional one million theatergoers a year around the globe. The Second City Training Center is the largest school of improvisation-based arts on the planet, with locations in Chicago and Toronto. Second City Works, the B2B side of Second City, has brought award-winning improvisation and audience-driven techniques to over 600 Fortune 1000 companies, challenging businesses seeking a more collaborative culture to innovate through development programs, original digital and video content, campaign consultation, private events, and more.
The Program Manager is responsible for programming operations for all Training Center locations – Chicago, Toronto and Virtual. This is a Full-Time, salaried position (40 hours/week) with Medical, Dental, Vision, and Supplemental benefits.
- Builds and maintains master schedule for all Training Center locations each term in coordination with Creative and Operations teams
- Suggests cancel, push back and add classes at both the beginning of each tern and throughout based on enrollment trends
- Works with Operations team to add classes into Activenet and ensures proper quality checks through out
- Works with Artistic Directors to identify new programming based on enrollment trends
- Audits each term to identify new and adjustments opportunities in programming
- Able to work effectively and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Informative, patient, and eager sense of initiative to solve problems.
- Demonstrated history of dependability and punctuality.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite, and comfortable with all basic computer functions, Salesforce experience a plus.
- Enthusiastic about improv, sketch comedy, and the Chicago theatre scene.
The Second City is an open, inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check and must be 21 and older.
The Second City follows CDC guidelines and recommendations regarding safety measures to navigate the Covid-19 pandemic. To work at The Second City you must show proof of being fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2. Applicants with medical or religious exemptions will be considered.