About the role
As a Production Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of productions (such as theatrical productions, training center classes and corporate engagements) to our various audiences. On-time and on-budget production is key to success. Organization and the ability to follow and create processes to deliver quality results is also a top priority. A successful Production Manager not only understands all aspects of a project’s life cycle, but has the ability to quickly pivot when necessary.
Success is measured by average profit margin per production.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the VP of Production.
- Identify and properly cast specific resources as needed and understand the need for diversification and audience mirroring for each individual project
- Ensure seamless execution and high quality delivery of projects
- Maintain and oversee production budgets at a 65 - 70% gross margin on individual budgets
- Update and maintain master Production Calendar and communicate adjustments, changes and additional integration across departments.
- Navigate contract negotiations with cast members, vendors and contractors.
- Create weekly reports for actor’s unions, track deductions, and administer weekly payroll, reimbursements and invoicing through accounts payable.
- Maintain timeline and budget in accordance with agreed upon gross profit margin, and maintain accurate records systems throughout production life-cycle
- Run agendas and next steps on internal meetings to move conversations and deliverables along
- Manage multiple production timelines and individual processes simultaneously
Minimum skills and qualifications
- BA in theater, production, business, marketing or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Evidence of successfully partnering with internal as well as external contacts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with strong consulting skills
- Ability to present and explain project specific information to diverse types of audiences
- A willingness to learn and work in a team environment with extensive contact with talent
- Ability to identify innovative ways to implement projects within established timeframes
- Demonstrated confidence and awareness to identify blockers and opportunities in advance
- MS Office and G Suite Proficiency
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.