About Second City Works
Second City Works is the professional services side of The Second City, the world’s leading comedy theatre and school of improvisation. We serve more than 600 clients –including nearly 25% of the Fortune 500– through hands-on learning, licensed and custom video, consumer marketing programs, and custom live entertainment. When businesses engage Second City Works they develop unique insights and skills to better collaborate and create with their colleagues and customers. Working with leading international clients across various industries, including tech, CPG, financial services and healthcare, over 4 million employees view our video content globally, and we maintain a Net Promoter Score of 82. We are adding to our business development team to expand our impact and match market demand for our solutions.
About the role
The Second City has been an iconic institution for 60 years. Our award-winning shows, training center, together with Second City Works, enable us to share our talent and techniques with locals, visitors, and businesses alike. To reflect that, we will be adding someone to our Production Management team to expand our network and enhance our position as a strategic partner to our current and prospective clients.
As a Production Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of services (such as meetings, events, and content production) to our clients and maximize revenue opportunities with our Client Partner team. On-time and on-budget production is key to success. And while a “yes-and” attitude and approach is essential, closely monitoring the scope of a project is just as important to avoid scope creep.
Organization and the ability to follow and create processes to deliver quality results is also a top priority. A successful Production Manager not only understands all aspects of a project’s life cycle, but has the ability to quickly pivot when necessary.
Success is measured by average profit margin per engagement, referrals and client satisfaction scores
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the VP of Production.
- Second City Works Architecture: Plan, design, build, integrate and deploy Second City Works architectures based on our products and solutions
- Applications and Portfolio Knowledge: Stay up to speed of major products and services and apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations
- Client Education: Educate and influence clients on complementary features, services and solutions increased value attainment
- Opportunity Identification: Identify referral opportunities to move prospective clients to “account status”
- Resource Management: Identify and properly cast specific resources as needed and understand the need for diversification and audience mirroring for each individual project
- Provide client service on all assigned accounts. Ensure seamless execution and high quality delivery of engagements
- Maintain project/account budgets at a 65 - 70% gross margin on individual budgets
- Maintain timeline and budget in accordance with agreed upon gross profit margin, and maintain accurate records systems throughout project life-cycle
- Run agendas and next steps on internal meetings to move conversations and deliverables along
- Manage multiple project timelines and individual processes simultaneously
Minimum skills and qualifications
- BA in business, marketing or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Evidence of successfully partnering with internal as well as external contacts (i.e. client-facing experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with strong consulting skills
- Ability to present and explain project specific information to diverse types of audiences
- A willingness to learn and work in a team environment with extensive contact with clients
- Ability to identify innovative ways to implement projects within established timeframes
- Demonstrated confidence and awareness to identify blockers and opportunities in advance
- MS Office and G Suite Proficiency
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.