About Second City Works
Second City Works is the professional services side of The Second City, the world’s leading comedy theatre and school of improvisation. We serve more than 600 clients –including nearly 25% of the Fortune 500– through hands-on learning, licensed and custom video, consumer marketing programs, and custom live entertainment. When businesses engage Second City Works they develop unique insights and skills to better collaborate and create with their colleagues and customers. Working with leading international clients across various industries, including tech, CPG, financial services, and healthcare, over 4 million employees view our video content globally, and we maintain a Net Promoter Score of 82.
About the role
The Second City has been an iconic institution for 60 years. Our award-winning shows, training center, together with Second City Works, enable us to share our talent and techniques with locals, visitors and businesses alike. To reflect that, we will be adding someone to our Product Management team to expand our network and enhance our position as a strategic partner to both current and prospective clients.
We offer a vast variety of unique products across multiple verticals including professional services (team building, storytelling, leadership, etc.), licensed content, and live entertainment and events. As a Product Manager, you will provide the deep product expertise needed to expand and deliver world-class solutions selling to our existing client portfolio. You will partner with our Client Partner team to identify our clients’ business needs and ultimately maximize revenue opportunities. It goes without saying, but a “Yes, And” mindset is critical.
The Product Manager is also responsible for understanding marketplace trends and is able to apply that knowledge to the product for improvements.
Success in this role is measured through product success metrics, product development, product improvement, renewal rates, client relationship development, and client satisfaction scores.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the VP of Production.
- Product Expertise: Vast understanding of the assigned product and ability to articulate all information about the current portfolio.
- Product Adoption and implementation: Deep and wide knowledge of application abilities of the product and how to successfully implement at client level. Responsible for all onboarding of new clients.
- Product Expansion: Responsible for identifying areas of improvement and expansion for assigned products according to client needs
- Production Development: Responsible for resourcing production vendors, maintaining budgets and timelines, and compiling assets for supplemental/enablement product materials
- Client Health: Conduct appropriate health checks on client's sense of the product and identify applications beyond the current product as opportunities arise. Track the the renewal lifecycle of the product’s term and up-sell additional applications where applicable
- Client Base Retention: Responsible for assisting sales as the subject matter expert for repeat/renewal business as needed
Minimum skills and qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years experience in product management
- BA in business, marketing or a related field
- A creative problem solver who is able to think beyond requirements, innovate and provide thoughtful solutions
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and time within a fast-moving environment
- Dedication to accuracy and detail, while remaining results-oriented
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Technical proficiency in Adobe, DAM and PPT, Salesforce
The Second City is an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity, and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.