The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation with theatres and training centres in Chicago, Toronto, and Hollywood. They have full time touring ensembles, the Harold Ramis Film School, and a thriving B2B division focused on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insight. Founded in 1959, the company continues to grow rapidly in size and influence.
- To ensure a friendly and memorable experience for guests, by providing prompt and accurate delivery of the menu items.
- This is a non-exempt, part-time position.
- Interested candidates must be available weeknights and weekends (1-2 weekend days/evenings per week is required).
- Food Runner ensures guests receive menu items, once assembled by the Expeditor for prompt service.
- Maintains clean trays at all times.
- Sets up, restocks and prepares for shift start and/or close.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift.
- Obtains and maintains knowledge of all menu items.
- Make sure all orders are complete and look expectable for guests.
- Help to keep expeditor area clean at all times and free from any unnecessary items.
- Helps others whenever possible.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of any problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees.
- Is dressed neatly and well-groomed in company approved uniform at all times.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to lift and carry trays 95% of the time.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Walk, stand and climbs stairs throughout entire shift.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers and other employees.
- Ability to comfortably maneuver through theaters and guests.
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our Chicagoland community.
Please email resume to email@example.com (
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check and must be 21 and older.