Looking for a unique and exciting experience at the top improvisational and sketch comedy theatre in the world? An internship at The Second City offers a one of a kind opportunity for insight into the workings of the world’s leading comedy theatre, training center, film school and theatrical production company. Interns receive a comprehensive work experience touching on all areas of theatrical arts administration.
The Marketing Intern will report to The Second City’s Director of Marketing & Communications, and will assist in the marketing of all Chicago theatrical productions. Duties may include: running weekly ticket sales reports, building email campaigns, requesting and tracking artwork and advertising assets, assisting with opening night and special events, attending marketing meetings, etc. Some minimal evening and weekend work may be required. This is an unpaid internship. (NOTE: We are happy to work with interns who are looking for academic credit.)
Ideal applicants are:
● Interested in a career in marketing and/or arts administration
● Familiar with CRM systems or ticketing software databases
● Self-motivated, resourceful, and willing to learn
● Consistently reliable, organized, and efficient
● Mature and professional
● Past internship or professional experience preferred, but not required
● Be extremely proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel (Experience with Google Suite is a plus)
● Must be 18 years of age or older
● High school diploma or equivalent; some undergraduate experience preferred
● Be available 6 hours/day, 3 days/week (One day must be Monday)
● (6) Complimentary tickets to the Mainstage, e.t.c., and UP Comedy Club
● (1) Free class in the Second City Training Center
● Access to show previews, speakers, and other exclusive Second City programming
● Intern-only lunch n’ learn workshops with Second City staff
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
In your cover letter, please describe a time that you used data analysis to solve a problem. (This could be something you did for a school project or another internship, or could be as simple as “I own 15 pairs of socks. How often do I have to do laundry in order to consistently have clean socks?”) Feel free to get creative.