Position Overview: The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for creating and fulfilling a comprehensive marketing and communications plan for Toronto’s stages, training center, and Touring Company including advertising, press and publicity, partnerships and promotions, grass roots efforts, and a unique online/social media presence in order to drive revenue towards all theatrical stages, theatrical partnerships, touring companies, and training center.
- Assist in the creation of a wholesale annual marketing budget, plan, and calendar including advertising, press and publicity, digital, and all other marketing related efforts (including Second City works, as needed)
- Track actualization of expenses for theatrical stages, theatrical partnerships, touring companies, and training center.
- Analyze and report out on all marketing initiatives such as overall effectiveness on the marketing campaigns, ticketing buying trends, reach/scope of ad plan, post-show survey results, etc.
- Oversee the coordination of internal and external advertising efforts from planning through creative execution ensuring a consistent look/feel/tone across all elements
- Oversee the coordination of press/publicity efforts including press strategy (regular critic reviews, press releases, press night media events, etc.), opening night events and publicity appearance for talent
- Partner with the Digital Media Manager on a variety of efforts including marketing related website maintenance, digital analytics, e-blast communication and social media campaigns
- Partner with the Box Office on strategic ticketing initiatives such as ticket data analytics to drive targeted marketing programs, discounting, timing of show builds and ticket releases
- Utilize Patron Manager and the new SFDC Communities platform to their fullest potential (analyzing sales data and rends, creating campaigns with ROI tracking, etc.)
- Create multi-pronged marketing promotions by organizing partnerships with local vendors, secondary markets, other Toronto cultural institutions, educational institutions, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with hotel concierges and other tourism providers to drive marketing efforts (communicating weekly ticket availabilities, planning special events, etc.)
- Establish membership and participation in local associations/organizations to boost group sales pipeline
- Create inventive targeted grass roots marketing campaigns, with a specific eye on increased audience diversity
- Manage interns by assigning projects that will further their knowledge and experience, guiding progress along the way, and following up on completion and outcome
- Oversee the content and distribution of monthly Playbills and generate copy for e-blasts, newsletters (as needed)
- Negotiate, review, and execute vendor contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, business or related field
- At least 3 years of industry experience
- Experience with CRM software a strong plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Must possess excellent organization and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self motivated with the ability to work autonomously
Second City is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply.Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com (subject line “Marketing & Communications Manager). No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be notified for a phone screening in early May.