About this Position:
The Entertainment Marketing Associate’s position will support the following areas within Second City Entertainment marketing department and be broken up as follows:
● Marketing organization (50%): Organize and maintain existing marketing collateral including digital assets, digital advertising, printed material, and swag
● Support communication efforts (30%): Support digital, social and PR initiatives. Lead the Toronto stage marketing email marketing content.
● Event coordination (20%): Support planning and execution of press openings, photoshoots, partnerships, and on-site marketing events
Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, detail-oriented person that can run with projects on their own as well as collaborate with others. This person will work very closely with and support the Senior Marketing and Production teams. The Second City is a fast-paced, exciting, and challenging environment with potential for growth. Normal business hours are 9am-5pm Monday through Friday; however, some early morning, evening and weekend work may be required occasionally.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Vice President of Marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, business, or related field
- At least 3 years of marketing experience – entertainment background a strong plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Must possess excellent organization and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- Experience with ticketing and CRM systems are considered an asset
Coordinate marketing projects (50%)
- Drive the Marketing process for Toronto entertainment programming. This includes:
- Ensure marketing materials are organized, accurate, and up to date on a shared drive
- Lead Toronto show openings including press, photoshoots, production shoots, and video shoots
- Initiate and Oversee advertising efforts:
- Coordinate efforts by; participating in comprehensive advertising planning, determining distribution of annual ad spends across all media (print, digital, outdoor, etc.)
- Submit requests for creative projects like signage, promotional materials and digital assets
- Report out to executives and producers on effectiveness of marketing campaigns, ticket buying trends, reach and scope of ad plan, budget to actual status, etc.
- Work with external vendors to order printed and promotional materials
- Generate social media content for Second City properties regarding specific Entertainment projects
- Gather information & suggest promotional partnerships for the Toronto theater community
- Compile & distribute data from email marketing, make suggestions on how to change or improve based on this data
- Compile & distribute data from website traffic, make suggestions on how to change or improve based on this data
- Support Second City marketing efforts with all entertainment products - The Second City, the Toronto location, and Second City Works
Support social / digital / PR initiatives (30%)
- Participating in comprehensive press strategy including regular critic reviews, features pitches, photo editorials, listings, online video content, appearances, etc.
- Maintain the social and digital activation calendar
- Identify influencers and/or PR targets that align with our brand and target buyer
- Write, post and retweet social content using the SCW voice and tone
- Project manage digital campaigns & email communications
Event coordination (20%)
- Lead the entertainment events including press openings, show openings, and special events
- Maintain an Event Toolkit for each event
- Schedule & facilitate pre- and post-event meetings with internal stakeholders to determine areas of improvement and opportunities
- Maintain the schedule for pre- and post-event communications (ex. social, emails, press releases...)
- Track all costs related to marketing events
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our local community.
The Second City follows CDC guidelines and recommendations regarding safety measures to navigate the Covid-19 pandemic. To work at The Second City you must show proof of being fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2. Applicants with medical or religious exemptions will be considered.