Under the direction of the Facility Manager and Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Lead is responsible for ensuring the facilities are consistently cleaned, operated, and well maintained. This position works closely with the Maintenance Supervisor and maintenance techs to look at needed repairs or maintenance or needed operational changes. The Maintenance Lead will oversee the 2nd shift maintenance staff and their quality of work.
Day-to-day cleaning responsibilities similar to the Maintenance Technician role: vacuuming, carpet cleaning, washing windows and walls, light painting, equipment maintenance, taking possession of deliveries, emptying garbage, mopping floors, changing light bulbs, fixing and maintaining doors, delivering office supplies, setting up rooms for meetings and banquets. Execute office moves. Exhibit enough responsibility to complete work orders in a thorough and timely manner.
- Inspecting facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance.
- Supervising and training 2nd shift maintenance technicians. Responsible for training staff and ensuring the smooth running of upkeep or repair operations.
- Occasionally supervise tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance (electricians, plumbers etc.).
- Be attentive to cleaning supplies usage and purchases, monitor expenditures, implement corrections in spending.
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment.
- Participate in coordination of projects (e.g. renovations).
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations.
- Coaching, counseling employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions.
- Meets maintenance operational standards by implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems.
- Evaluates functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments; identifying problems and requirements.
- Maintains function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing preventive maintenance; operating and testing systems and equipment as needed; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to work on their feet for long periods of time.
- Must be able to pass a background check and provide two professional references.
- Proven experience as maintenance Lead or similar role.
- Must be reliable and have a great eye for detail.
- Be computer savvy and have excellent planning abilities.
- Leadership and knowledge of administrative tasks such as scheduling are also essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Evaluate Maintenance Technician’s performance to ensure quality operations.
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.).
- They must have technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing etc.
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations.
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.
The Second City is an e-verify employer. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Your employment is contingent upon employment authorization from e-verify.