A Maintenance Associate is responsible for a variety of duties that relate to the cleanliness, upkeep, and functionality of the physical structure of The Second City. This position is crucial to the successful operation of Second City’s artistic, educational and businesses. This is a part-time, 20 hour a week job. Most shifts are weekends (no nights).
– Vacuuming and mopping of tile, carpeted and concrete floors
– Setting up rooms for events
– Emptying of trash
– Cleaning and dusting of a variety of surfaces including windows, counter-tops, chairs, tables, and desks
– Assists kitchen staff in maintaining the cleanliness of kitchens and kitchen equipment
– Moving boxes, tables, chairs and office furniture
– Accepting and stocking deliveries
– Bathroom cleaning and sanitation
– Vent and refrigerator cleaning
– Changing light bulbs
– Assembling furniture (i.e. IKEA Furniture)
– Periodic detail cleaning
– Comfortable using manual tools and willing to learn how to use power tools
– Graduation from a high school or equivalent accredited certification
– Basic knowledge of computers, internet, and email
– Able to lift items up to 40 pounds
– Ability to work while standing, walking and crouching for at least 4 hours at a time
– Comfortable using a 6-foot step ladder
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our Chicagoland community.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line “Maintenance Associate”). No phone calls please.
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check and must be 21 and older.