The Second City Training Center Chicago is seeking junior camp counselors to join our summer Comedy Camp team! Junior camp counselors are expected to work 15-20 hours a week, Monday-Friday, May 28 to Aug 31 2018.
- Ages 19 & 20
- Available for the full summer session
- Available to assist on all opening and closing camp days, camp idol days and additional dates as needed.
- Experience with children, camp a plus
- Interested in learning more about/getting involved with Second City and the Training Center, as well as teaching.
- Organized, optimistic, patient, problem solver, someone who takes initiative and works well as a team.
- Photography or social media experience a plus.
- Attend a staff training day on either May 25 or 26 from 9am – 4pm to receive CPR/first-aid training.
- Junior Counselors will be paid $14 an hr.
Counselors perform a range of duties that include but are not limited to: setting up classrooms, supervising campers during breaks, planning & executing the camp talent show, helping campers navigate social situations, camper redirection/discipline, and clerical tasks. This not a teaching position, but being comfortable in a classroom is a must. All junior counselors will report to Jeff Poole, Program Head.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter (about a paragraph) highlighting why you’d be a great asset to the camp team this summer to email@example.com by noon on May 14. The subject line should read Camp Junior Counselor Application. No phone calls.