POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Manager
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
SUMMARY: The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation, with theaters and training centers in Chicago, Toronto, and Hollywood. We also collaborate with hundreds of Fortune 1000 clients through Second City Works, and have recently established the Harold Ramis Film School as the only film school in world focused entirely on comedy. Together we form a diverse mix of creative, operational, left, right and otherwise-brained people who share in the privilege of writing the next act for The Second City. Our Human Resources team ensures that all of us have the support and communication to do what we do best. This is an excellent opportunity for an HR professional seeking to influence multiple, distributed teams and expand his or her skillset.
• Responsible for operational support and implementation of major Human Resource (“HR”) functions including, employee compliance and benefit administration.
• Establishing processes for day-to-day operations of HR to ensure overall departmental efficiency and provide a high level of customer service to all HR customers.
• Drive operational excellence by developing HR initiatives related to onboarding and offboarding employees.
• Develop, coordinate, and administer the open enrollment process and effectively communicate benefit programs to employees to assist them in making informed decisions based on individual and/or familial needs
• Maintain knowledge on industry trends, including employment legislation, HR policies and programs, and organizational compliance
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, including state and federal laws.
• The ability to lead and manage an HR team of 3.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Five plus years of HR experience in the areas outlined above.
• Strong project management skills
• Flexibility and determination to develop processes that will be effective within a dynamic, creative environment
• Positive, upbeat attitude
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field is required
• PHR or SPHR highly recommended.
• Experience with Ceridian HCM software a plus.
• Background in the Arts and/or service industries a significant plus.
• Experience working with part-time, full-time, contract employees and Actor’s Equity Union a plus.
• Knowledge of Ontario and California employment laws a plus.
Qualified candidates expressing interest in the opportunity should submit a resume/CV and cover letter with “Human Resources Manager” in the subject line to: Kate Eddy, firstname.lastname@example.org.