The Host position is responsible for creating a positive customer experience for audience members in our theatre while helping to maintain an enjoyable theatre environment.
- Ensuring that guests are seated in their appropriate sections upon entering the theatre
- Maintaining a positive and welcoming environment for all guests before during and after the shows
- Ensuring that the theatre is clean and up to standards before and after performances
- Act as in-house during show to monitor the audience experience
- Ensure that audience and aisles do not interfere with performances
- For multiple show days/nights, ensure the theatre is reset in a timely and efficient manner
- Inspect and maintain Second City faculties and premisses as needed
- During special events, assist in event operations including event setup and special service for audience members
- Previous experience in a theatre or restaurant environment is considered and asset
- Demonstrates exceptional energy and stamina; upholds the highest quality standards for food, service and in-theatre management.
- Clear verbal communications skills.
- Interest in live theatre and comedy considered an asset
- Excellent time management skills in particular with regards to punctuality
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends & holidays.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
The Second City is an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.