The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy. Dedicated to entertaining, inspiring, and transforming through fearless comedy, the company’s ten resident stages in Chicago and Toronto, plus eight Touring Companies and a booming Theatricals division, entertain an additional one million theatergoers a year around the globe.The Second City Training Center, which included the Harold Ramis Film School, is the largest school of improvisation on the planet, with locations in Chicago, Toronto, and Los Angeles. Second City Works, the B2B side of The Second City, focuses on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insights, and Second City Entertainment’s foray into television and media continues to produce new content and programming. Founded in 1959, The Second City continues to grow rapidly in size and influence by upholding five core values: performance; ensemble; diversity and inclusion; resiliency; and authenticity.
The Group Sales & Events Manager is responsible for generating group sales opportunities by aggressively seeking new business as well as maintaining productive, long-term relationships with clients and patrons.
This role is generally business hours (9am-5pm Monday through Friday) however some early morning, evening and weekend hours may be required. This contract will last through March 2020 with possible full time employment
- Prospect potential new clients, conduct cold calls, attend networking events, conferences and tradeshows consistently building new relationships.
- Ensure quick and efficient responses are offered to incoming group sales leads, prepare proposals, conduct timely follow-ups and close sales. Consistently seek referrals for future or new group sales business
- Work closely with cross-departmental account representatives to evaluate all opportunities to optimize revenue and future business potential
- Maintain current group sales marketing materials and assist to create an effective marketing schedule focused on various group sales segments.
- Maintain Salesforce database to solidify relationships with current client base and maximize repeat business
- Conduct site inspections and attend client meetings to discuss event set-up, food & beverage options, AV requirements and event flow for efficient event execution
- Coordinate event details with Sales and Events Coordinator to assist in preparation of event function sheets required for smooth execution of function
- Conduct timely post-event follow-ups with clients to ensure the highest customer service is offered.
- Minimum 3 years experience in hospitality related Sales & Events is required with no exceptions
- Proven strength in Sales, Communication & Customer Service is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced word, excel, Salesforce and Google suite skills
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience with ticketing and CRM systems are considered an asset
Compensation and Benefits
Salary and commission commensurate with experience
Health and Dental Insurance
Paid Vacation and Sick days