About The Second City
As the world’s premier improvisational and sketch comedy theater, The Second City has been delighting audiences and producing award-winning entertainment for more than 50 years. The list of alumni that have emerged from our stages and training centers is a staggering who’s-who of North America’s entertainment legends. Today, The Second City Chicago offers performances 7 nights a week on three professional stages, with dining options available in our on-site 1959 Kitchen & Bar. The Second City has a history of providing highest quality entertainment options for all group segments.
About this Position
The Group Sales Assistant is a part-time position reporting to the Groups Sales & Events Manager. The Second City is seeking a hardworking, motivated and skilled individual with a passion for sales. Our ideal candidate will be a flexible individual who is highly detail oriented and sales-driven. This individual will be looking to work in a fast-paced, exciting and challenging environment with excellent potential for growth. The position requires the candidate to be flexible in terms of working hours as business demands often change at last minute. This role is generally part-time business hours (10am-2pm, Monday through Friday).
The administrative offices consist of a very small team of goal-oriented and deadline-driven individuals with a work until the job is done approach. The selected individual will be expected to recognize potential group sales opportunities, aggressively seek new potential group business as well as maintain productive long term relationships with inbound and existing group business.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in office administration
- 2 years experience in hospitality related Sales & Events is preferred
- Proven strength in communication & customer service is essential
- Working knowledge and appreciation of performing arts and theater
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced word and excel computer skills
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience with ticketing and CRM systems are considered an asset
- Book groups tickets to Second City Chicago performances, group dinner reservations for 1959 Kitchen & Bar.
- Work closely with the Second City Works and Training Center sales teams to identify opportunities to cross and up-sell.
- Ensure quick and efficient responses are offered to in-coming group sales inquiries, prepare proposals, conduct timely follow-ups and close sales
- Maintain current group sales marketing materials and outbound sales efforts focused on various group sales segments
- Maintain Salesforce database to solidify relationships with current client base and maximize repeat business
- Prepare invoices, track payments, send group reminder emails, and handle basic Group Sales reporting
- Assist Group Sales & Events Manager with other administrative duties within the department.
Compensation commensurate with experience
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please