About the position
The Second City Marketing department seeks an enthusiastic and creative individual looking to gain experience in a busy theatrical marketing environment. You will work directly with the marketing, delivery, and creative team providing support to the various divisions of The Second City with the main focus on our marketing efforts for the multiple stages and training centers in Chicago, Hollywood, and Toronto.
This position will start in July 2021 - at the Chicago offices between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday. Exact start date, hours and days of the week are yet to be determined at the time of hire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on various design projects including, but not limited to: digital/print ads, posters, brochures, rack cards, programs and postcards
- Deliver projects in a timely manner and respect deadlines
- Clean and retouch photos/headshots as needed
- Keep Design Request Forms updated and projects filed as work is completed
- Communicate clearly with clients to achieve the goals of various marketing pieces
- Maintain an understanding of current Second City branding in all design work
- Team members balance production work with their creative perspective
Requirements for the role
- At least 2 years professional experience designing for print, digital, email, and social media
- Work as part of ensemble in a truly collaborative environment, managing expectations and deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills
- Success in bringing concepts to completion with skill and in a timely manner
- Comfortable taking instructions and feedback
- Self-motivated, hard-working, initiative-taking
- Extensive experience with the following Mac based design applications are required: Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign). Experience with freelancing, marketing a plus.
Before applying please say Yes, AND to the below:
Portfolio: To be considered, all candidates MUST submit their resume with samples of creative design work (website link preferred) and a short 5 line paragraph of introduction that highlights 2 of your favorite projects in your portfolio, indicate your availability to start and your interest in The Second City position. The portfolio should be clear on what is concept work and what is realized work. If a team member on a represented project, please indicate your role. Please attach your response to the same file as your resume so it uploads as one.
The Second City is an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.