THE SECOND CITY TORONTO GENERAL AUDITIONS 2019
The Second City Toronto is casting Understudies for the Touring Company and other projects.
Auditions are by appointment only, and will be held on May 14th & 15th, with callbacks on May 17th, 2019. *Applicants MUST BE AVAILABLE on the callbacks date to be considered.
Information for all Applicants:
- Applicants should have a strong background in improvisation and/or sketch comedy.
- One year of training is a minimum requirement. (The Second City Training Centre, Bad Dog Theatre Company, Humber College Comedy: Writing and Performance Program, or similar programs)
- Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the time they apply.
- Both Equity/ACTRA and Non-Union actors may apply.
- Equity Members will have priority
- Clearly indicate on your resume if you are a Second City Conservatory Graduate, What Year & Who directed You
To apply please upload your headshot and resume (which must include relevant improv/sketch experience) via this electronic submission form: http://bit.ly/SCGenerals
Eligible submission MUST be received before 11:59pm on Sunday April 28th, 2019 to be considered for an audition spot.
Please note only electronic form submissions will be accepted. Due to the volume of submissions we are unable to respond to phone queries at this time. Only applicants that are granted an audition spot will be notified.
Regardless of improv/sketch experience, we are very interested in meeting comedic actors who reflect the cultural diversity of Toronto. We are hosting our annual Diversity and Inclusion Series Weekend May 4th & 5th, 2019 including a Meet & Greet and FREE Workshops. Come learn more about The Second City and opportunities for training, scholarships and work.
Visit https://www.secondcity.com/diversity-inclusion/ for more information.