The Second City Toronto is casting Understudies for the Touring Company and other projects!
Auditions are by appointment only, and will be held on May 8th & 9th, with callbacks on May 11th, 2018. *Applicants MUST BE AVAILABLE on the 11th to be considered.
Information for all Applicants:
- Applicants should have a strong background in improvisation and/or sketch comedy.
- One year of training is a minimum requirement. (The Second City Training Centre, Bad Dog Theatre Company, Humber College Comedy: Writing and Performance Program, or similar programs)
- Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the time they apply.
- Both Equity/ACTRA and Non-Union actors may apply.
- Equity Members will have priority
- Clearly indicate if you are a Second City Conservatory Graduate, What Year & Who directed You
Please submit your headshot and resume (which must include relevant improv/sketch experience) via email to email@example.com using the subject line: GENERALS 2018 prior to 9am on April 10th, 2018.
Only email submissions will be accepted.
Due to the volume of submissions only applicants that are granted an audition spot will be notified.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Regardless of improv/sketch experience, we are very interested in meeting comedic actors who reflect the cultural diversity of Toronto. We are hosting our annual Diversity and Inclusion Series Weekend May 5th & 6th, 2018 including a Meet & Greet and FREE Workshops for actors of colour. Come learn more about The Second City and opportunities for training, scholarships and work.
Visit https://www.secondcity.com/toronto-diversity-weekend more information.
Need help prepping for your audition? Register for our free Audition Prep workshop on April 10th hosted by Resident Director/ Audition Moderator Kerry Griffin and Director of Alumni Relations/ Theatricals Casting (formerly Director of Talent) Beth Kligerman.