The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation with theatres and training centers in Chicago, Toronto and Hollywood. We have full time touring ensembles, casts on multiple resident stages, and a thriving B2B division focused on hands-on learning, digital content and consumer insight. Founded in 1959, the company continues to grow rapidly in size and influence.
For additional information on The Second City please visit: www.secondcity.com
Reporting to the COO, the Executive Assistant will provide a full range of administrative support including scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, making travel arrangements, processing expense reports and assisting with special projects. This person will provide coordination and oversight of the day-to-day operations of the office of the COO.
- Provide complete administrative executive support and professional business skills to COO
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion related to confidential and sensitive matters and information
- Responds to complex inquiries for information from staff and refers them to other staff where appropriate.
- Researches, compiles and analyzes data for reports and other projects timely and accurately.
- Receive, screen and follow-up all communications (phone, email, mail)
- Compose letters, notices, and email responses, as appropriate
- Attend meetings and listen in on phone calls as needed to take notes, organize and identify any action items needed
- Multifaceted calendar management, including providing details of appointments and conference calls
- Assists with overseeing and management of tasks related to project completion in Monday.com
- Prepare extensive domestic and international travel arrangements including air, hotel and transportation reservations, mileage programs and upgrades with the ability to make frequent and last-minute changes
- Prepare expense reports and track payments/invoices
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and paper
- Assist with any technology issues pertaining to software or other information technology needs
- Process documents of a legal and confidential nature
- Manage special projects and coordinate special events, as needed
- Perform other duties as requested
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a corporate environment providing executive level support
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, manage projects with competing priorities and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Flexibility to work additional hours when necessary
- Ability to multitask, work on numerous projects simultaneously and use sound judgment in prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong computer skills and in-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Workspace
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization and maintain confidentiality
- Proactive, anticipate needs and takes initiative, requires little direction
- Computer skills including the spreadsheet and word processing programs, and e-mail at a highly proficient level
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced work environment and able to manage changing
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, carry; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch. The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May require travel dependent on company needs. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Can work under deadlines.
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check and must be 21 and older.
The Second City is an e-verify employer. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Your employment is contingent upon employment authorization from e-verify.