About the Second City
The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation with theatres and training centers in Chicago, Toronto, and Hollywood. We have full time touring ensembles, the Harold Ramis Film School, and a thriving B2B division focused on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insight. Founded in 1959, the company continues to grow rapidly in size and influence.
About the position
We are looking for a dedicated, organized dishwasher who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast-paced culinary environment. The Dishwasher’s duties include washing soiled pots, pans, flatware, etc. They may also restock items, unload delivery trucks, help prepare cook stations, clean appliances and machines, empty and clean trash receptacles, and other duties, as needed.
To be successful as a Dishwasher, you should be a committed, communicative team player with excellent time management skills. You should be able to prioritize tasks in a busy setting and adhere to all food safety regulations and procedures.
- Ensuring the availability of clean dishes by washing dishes, pots, pans, and flatware.
- Cleaning machines and appliances used in the kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, and pans, mixers, etc.
- Unloading and storing deliveries.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, especially in the event that items are broken or spilled.
- Taking out the trash and rinsing garbage cans.
- Supporting other restaurant staff members by assisting with other tasks, as needed.
- Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimal work experience.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds.
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures.
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our Chicagoland community.
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check