The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation, with theaters and training centers in Chicago, Toronto, and Hollywood. We also collaborate with hundreds of Fortune 1000 clients through Second City Works, and have recently established the Harold Ramis Film School as the only film school in world focused entirely on comedy. Together we form a diverse mix of creative, operational, left, right and otherwise-brained people who share in the privilege of writing the next act for The Second City.
Our customer service team impacts all channels of our business and ensures that any current or prospective student, patron or corporate partner has a better experience with us than they expect. Additionally, this team contributes to the growth of Second City by identifying opportunities to maintain, re-engage or invite new faces into all that we offer.
As our business operates during the day, evening hours, on weekends and holidays, our customer service representatives must be available during those times as well.
- Assist teachers and training centre staff on vital daily operation including maintaining attendance records and delivering student orientations
- Assist Theatre operations with internal ticket requests, exporting door lists, printing programs and promotionation materials etc.
- Book staff benefits comps based on Second City policy.
- Maintaining aspects of the building including posters, classroom orientation and cleanliness, reporting maintenance needs, and checking washroom and office supplies
- Helping to set up and execute special events such as camps’ and corporate events
Customer Service & Sales Responsibilities
- Answer inquiries by phone, email, and in person in a prompt and professional manner being able to answer all questions about performance schedules, content and training centre class offerings
- Offer additional relevant programs, shows, and products during interactions with customers
- Process the sale of tickets, classes, merchandise, gift cards and training centre studio rentals
- Assist in vetting Second City Works corporate clients and sharing that information with key people in the company.
- Report any customer service issues and/or student HR/harassment claims to appropriate management
- Track, monitor, and process donation requests on a weekly basis.
- Corresponding with students – Including continuing level emails and welcome emails
- Education: Post-secondary education considered an asset
- Experience: Minimum of 1 years’ experience in sales or customer service position
- Some knowledge of the Second City shows, programs and corporate offerings
- Great customer service skills and professional etiquette
- Proficient in GSuite
- Sales Force Experience an asset
- Detail Oriented, Organized and Accountable
- Adjusts to change quickly and able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Cash handling
- Compensation: $15.25/ hr
- Approx. 20 hours per week
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Potential for additional bonus based on Company Performance
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Must be available days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The Second City is an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.