The Second City Training Center Chicago is seeking camp counselors-in-training to join our summer Comedy Camp team! Counselors-in-Training are expected to work 10 hours (Monday-Friday) a week for at least four weeks between May 28-Aug 31 2018.
- Ages 18
- Available to assist on all opening and closing camp days, camp idol days and additional dates as needed.
- Experience with children, camp a plus
- Interested in learning more about/getting involved with Second City and the Training Center, as well as teaching.
- Organized, optimistic, patient, problem solver, someone who takes initiative and works well as a team.
- Attend a staff training day before the start of camp on either May 25 on 26 and receive CPR/first-aid training
- Counselors in training will be paid in a free TC class and a $500 stipend
- Work study/Internship: eligible for internship credit through college/university.
Counselors perform a range of duties that include but are not limited to: setting up classrooms, supervising campers during breaks, planning & executing the camp talent show, helping campers navigate social situations, camper redirection/discipline, and clerical tasks. This not a teaching position, but being comfortable in a classroom is a must. All counselors-in-training will report to Jeff Poole, Program Head.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter (about a paragraph) highlighting why you’d be a great asset to the camp team this summer as well as the four weeks you are available to email@example.com by noon on May 14. The subject line should read Counselor-In-Training Application. No phone calls.