About Second City Works
Second City Works is the professional services side of The Second City, the world’s leading comedy theatre and school of improvisation. We serve more than 600 clients –including nearly 25% of the Fortune 500– through hands-on learning, licensed and custom video, consumer marketing programs, and custom live entertainment. When businesses engage Second City Works they develop unique insights and skills to better collaborate and create with their colleagues and customers. Working with leading international clients across various industries, including tech, CPG, financial services and healthcare, over 4 million employees view our video content globally, and we maintain a Net Promoter Score of 82. We are adding to our Sales Enablement team to expand our impact and match market demand for our solutions. To know more about us, visit The Second City Works' website.
About the role
The Second City has been an iconic institution for 60 years. Our award winning shows, training center, together with Second City Works, enable us to share our talent and techniques with locals, visitors and businesses alike. To reflect that, we will be adding someone to our Sales team to expand our network and enhance our position as a strategic partner to both current and prospective clients.
The Senior Client Partner is an individual contributor role where you demonstrate Second City Works business expertise and create solution demand through client engagement, working closely with potential & existing clients or partners to identify requirements and establish how Second City Works products/services can help address business needs. Identifying long and short-term sales opportunities, this role focuses efforts on the proposal of opportunities and leads planning of key strategies & initiatives. Those who match well to this role excel at discovering opportunities, articulating abstract ideas, recognizing patterns, and collaborating internally as well as they do with clients.
Like The Second City itself, our success with Second City Works is built on exploration, collaboration and saying “Yes, And” to our partners.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the VP of Sales Operations.
- Account Development: Proactively prospect business within new and existing clients for a list of accounts in an assigned account package
- Client Relationship Building & Management: Deliver multi-year, multifaceted architectural, cross-portfolio solutions proving sustainable revenue growth
- Articulating Value Propositions: Drive increased revenue for new & existing products
- Quota Achievement: Drive solid funnel through good opportunity prospecting
- Value Selling: Educate prospects on SCW; who we are, our capabilities, and how we are uniquely equipped to improve engagement and connection with any business’s employees or customers
Minimum skills and qualifications
- BA in business, marketing or a related field
- 7+ years is enterprise selling and/or account management
- Experience selling products or services to Fortune 1000 leaders, navigating multiple stakeholders across an organization
- Communication skills that make other people envious; collaboration skills that make teammates thankful
- Consistently move the customer or prospect towards commitment and provide service that exceeds customer expectations
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and time within a fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrated sales success due to inquisitiveness, resilience and/or likeability. Preferably all 3
- Experience using CRM (Salesforce preferred)
- Well-versed in Google Suite, Microsoft Office and WorkPress
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.