Position Summary: The Camp Director is responsible for directing and developing the operations of The Second City Training Center Summer Camps. This is a seasonal position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define Summer Camp program goals and/or define and plan programs to reflect those goals.
- including staff training on curriculum
- camp culture creation
- production management of end of week performances
- Support camp staff and instructors in student performance and behavior
- Set and supervise opening and closing day procedures for staff and campers.
- Including daily classroom set up to abide by Covid-19 safety precautions
- Train, supervise and evaluate all Summer Camp staff and volunteers
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed and that all programs are in compliance with The Second City standards, all relevant regulations and other applicable standards.
- Ensure Covid-19 safety policies and guidelines are observed consistently by staff and campers,
- Develop produces and distributes program information necessary to promote assigned programs in accordance with branch marketing plans.
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis regarding student performance, behavior, and safety (including but not limited to Covid-19 safety policies)
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities) – Sample Below:
- 5 years experience working with children & parents in a professional setting
- 3 years of supervisory experience with early career employees
- Basic understanding of Covid-19 compliance and crisis intervention
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel, Google Drive and Zoom
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Complete a background check meeting Second City standards
- CPR & First Aid certification is desired but not required
- Familiarity with basic improv concepts and games
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include those associated with data entry.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The Second City is an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.