Position Summary: The Camp Director is responsible for directing and developing the operations of The Second City Training Center Summer Camps. This is a part-time seasonal position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define Summer Camp program goals and/or define and plan program to reflect those goals.
- Set and supervise opening and closing day procedure for associates and campers.
- Recruit, hire, supervise and evaluate all Summer Camp staff and volunteers
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed and that all programs are in compliance with The Second City standards, all relevant regulations and other applicable standards.
- Develop produces and distributes program information necessary to promote assigned programs in accordance with branch marketing plans.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities) – Sample Below:
- 5 years experience working with children & parents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience with proper customer service and phone etiquette
- Background check & fingerprinting will be required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include those associated with data entry.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.