The Second City Training Center Chicago is seeking experienced camp counselors to join our summer Comedy Camp team! Full-time camp counselors are expected to work 35-40 hours a week, Monday–Friday, May 28 to Sept 7 2018.
Counselors perform a range of duties that include (but are not limited to) setting up classrooms, supervising campers during breaks, planning and executing the camp talent show, helping campers navigate social situations, camper redirection/discipline, and clerical tasks. This not a teaching position, but being comfortable in a classroom is a must. All counselors report to Jeff Poole, Program Head.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Available for the full summer session
- At least 3 years of work with children and parents
- An interest in theater and the mission of The Second City Training Center
- Organized! Optimistic! Patient! A strong problem solver! Someone who takes initiative!
- Enjoys humor, jokes, laughs, fun & silliness.
- Comfortable with campers ages 6-18
- Attend a staff training day on either May 25 or 26 from 9am – 4pm to receive CPR/first-aid training.
Preference is given to applicants:
- With previous camp experience
- Experience leading children
- Familiar with the work of Second City and the Training Center
- Experience working with children with ASD, ADHD and/or anxiety
- Camp counselors will be paid $15/hr & a free TC class. 35-40 hrs per week
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter (about a paragraph) highlighting why you’d be a great asset to the camp team this summer to email@example.com by noon on May 14. The subject line should read Camp Counselor Application. No phone calls please.