Position Summary: The Camp Counselor assists the camp lead, teachers, and administrative staff in the operations of The Second City Training Center Summer Camps. This is a part-time seasonal position.
About the Second City
The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation with theatres and training centers in Chicago, Toronto, and Hollywood. We have full-time touring ensembles, the Harold Ramis Film School, and a thriving B2B division focused on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insight. Founded in 1959, the company continues to grow rapidly in size and influence.
COVID-19 Safety Commitment Statement
Above all, your health and safety are of the utmost importance to the Second City. We are committed to a plan that puts you and your safety at the forefront which includes policies and protocols related to a safe physical space, safe interactions, safe distancing, identification and reporting measures, and training.
All measures taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 will be done in compliance with requirements under the Federal, State, and Local Government guidelines and associated regulations and public health recommendations issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (The CDC).
All camp counselors (in addition to campers) will be required to have their temperatures checked daily and wear a mask at all times (with the exception of lunch).
Summer Camp counselors are responsible for helping the Managers, as well as the Faculty, run the day-to-day operations of The Second City Training Center Summer Camps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a fun safe environment at camp.
- This year, that includes facilitating social distancing, hand-washing, mask-wearing, and other necessary actions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Support camp staff, counselors, and teachers in classroom behavior management
- Assist the Camp Director to supervise the opening and closing day procedure for associates and campers.
- Keep and maintain a roster of campers, contact information, and medical info weekly
- Daily set up of classrooms in compliance with Covid-19 precautions
- Prepare materials such as scripts, attendance sheets, folders, etc for classroom teachers
- Facilitate students navigating the building
- Escort students to restrooms, classrooms, and common areas for breaks and lunch
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed and that all programs are in compliance with The Second City standards, all relevant regulations and other applicable standards.
- Serve as the front line for camp answering camper and parent questions via email, over the phone, or in person.
- Participate in an online orientation via Zoom the night or afternoon before each camp week begins (so, usually a Sunday)
- Assist campers in bringing their best selves to class and common areas at all times. (including but not limited to following Covid-19 safety policies, camper behavioral expectations,and setting a good example in the camp community)
- Occasionally assist teachers in demonstrating basic improv concepts and exercises
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Some Sunday afternoons or evenings for online orientations
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- 3 years customer service experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel, Google Drive and Zoom
- Complete a background check meeting Second City standards
- CPR & First Aid certification is desired but not required
- Familiarity with basic improv concepts and games
- Experience working with children and parents
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include those associated with data entry.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the applicant will possess the skills aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity, and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.