About the role:
You: A motivated, passionate, veteran “hunter” excited by a fun, new challenge: building customized, innovative solutions to unique business challenges for your vast network.
Us: A legendary, disruptive comedy brand who helps marquee, Fortune 1000 business inspire performance improvement via a distinct blend of creative content and talent development offerings.
You: The newest member of our Business Development Consultant team…? Read on!
As a BD Consultant for Second City Works, you’ll generate leads and opportunities for the professional services arm of The Second City, helping crack open new geographies in existing, proven markets we serve like risk management, pharma, financial services, and CPG.
Because you’ll be a commision-based individual contributor, you’ll have complete freedom and autonomy to reach potential clients and develop pipeline for SCW. All the while, you’ll have the full support of the talented Works sales team who can further develop and help close the prospects you bring in.
Like The Second City itself, you’ll be driven by an innate desire to explore, collaborate and say “yes, and” to our partners. This a unique opportunity – a role that is both entrepreneurial and autonomous, and one that utilizes your expertise to help execute transformational solutions.
What you possess:
- Demonstrated experience developing sales in the Pharma and/ or Financial Services industry
- Strong network of prior relationships and contacts (senior level) and shown leadership skills in developing the right tools to get the job done with our creative team.
- Understanding of complex and lengthy sales cycles and how to create achievable milestones and deliver meticulous follow-up
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to make compelling presentations to an audience of diverse and senior business stakeholders
- Successful experience selling repeat or subscription-based solutions with expansion opportunities
- Adept at dealing with a constantly changing environment
- Excellent presenter and communicator; able to develop powerful presentations and articulate ideas in a confident manner
- Strong business acumen; demonstrated ability to be forward-thinking and innovative while understanding prospective client needs and the intricacies of Second City works solutions
About The Second City
The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation with theatres and training centers in Chicago, Toronto, and Hollywood. We have full time touring ensembles, the Harold Ramis Film School, and a thriving B2B division focused on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insight. Founded in 1959, the company continues to grow rapidly in size and influence.
About Second City Works
Second City Works is the business solutions side of The Second City, the world’s leading comedy theatre and school of improvisation. We serve more than 600 clients – including nearly 25% of the Fortune 500 – through hands-on learning, licensed and co-created video, consumer insight programs, and custom live entertainment. When businesses engage Second City Works they develop unique insights and skills to better collaborate and create with their colleagues and customers. With a nationwide mix of clients across various industries, more than 4 million of their employees viewing our video content globally, and a Net Promoter Score of 82, we are adding to our sales team to expand our impact.
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our Chicagoland community.