The Second City is proud to announce the return of the Bob Curry Fellowship, a tuition-free, 15-week professional development master program starting in October 2023.
We are seeking up to 12 exceptional fellows from diverse cultural backgrounds, who will have the opportunity to train and study under the guidance of Second City's creative team and top instructors. This highly competitive fellowship is awarded to serious-minded talent who are selected through a rigorous audition process adjudicated by Second City directors and producers.
Following the 15-week masterclass, the selected talent will have the opportunity to participate in a series of public and industry showcases.
Qualifications: The Bob Curry Fellowship program is specifically seeking talent/applicants who are BIPOC. Talent must audition to be accepted into the program. To be eligible, talent should be a graduate of a Conservatory level improv program (e.g., Second City, iO Theater, Annoyance Theatre, UCB, etc.) Stand-ups, professional actors with a degree in theatre or extensive stage experience with some improv training are also qualified to submit.
Subject line: 2023 Bob Curry [Your Name]
Submissions open: Monday, August 7th 9am CT
Submissions close Friday, August 11th 9am CT
Early or late submissions will not be reviewed
- August 3, 7-8pm CT: Bob Curry Fellowship Virtual Q&A
- August 7, 9am CT: Submissions open
- August 11, 9am CT: Submissions close
- August 29, 2023: Auditions
- August 30, 2023: Callbacks
- September 2023: Invitations to accepted participants
- October 17, 2023: first day of instruction (with sessions to be held on Tuesday & Thursdays through to January 2024
- November 16 & December 21: Process/Workshop Shows