About the Second City
The Second City is the premier brand in improve-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation with theatres and training centers in Chicago, Toronto, and Hollywood. We have full time touring ensembles, the Harold Ramis Film School, and a thriving B2B division focused on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insight. Founded in 1959, the company continues to grow rapidly in size and influence.
Old Town’s 1959 Kitchen and Bar inside The Second City is looking for a bartender to join the team! We are seeking an individual with:
- Two to three years of full-service restaurant experience
- A welcoming, hospitality-forward presence
- The ability to develop a polished understanding of the menu’s rotating offerings
- The efficiency to maintain a high standard for presentation and execution in a high-volume environment
- A responsible and independent worth ethic with regards to cleanliness and consistency
- The drive to provide a well-rounded experience to each customer
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our Chicagoland community.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Bartender”
* Must be 21 or older to apply.