About The Second City
The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy. Dedicated to entertaining, inspiring, and transforming through fearless comedy, the company’s ten resident stages in Chicago and Toronto, plus eight Touring Companies and a booming Theatricals division, entertain an additional one million theatergoers a year around the globe.The Second City Training Center, which included the Harold Ramis Film School, is the largest school of improvisation on the planet, with locations in Chicago, Toronto, and Los Angeles. Second City Works, the B2B side of The Second City, focuses on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insights, and Second City Entertainment’s foray into television and media continues to produce new content and programming. Founded in 1959, The Second City continues to grow rapidly in size and influence by upholding five core values: performance; ensemble; diversity and inclusion; resiliency; and authenticity.
Schedule: This is a full-time (30 hr / week) position, with benefits. There is no shift dropping or early cuts in this position. This role can use PTO or swap shifts with another Full-Timer for days off. The ideal candidate for this position is available on Tuesdays for receiving orders, Monthly Inventory, and should be flexible to adjust as needed.
- Oversee bar operations for all three theaters
- Responsible for receiving and stocking beverage orders.
- Maintaining cleanliness of all Bar Areas
- Assist with Monthly Inventory
- Confirming all Bar Areas are closed down properly at the end of the shift
- Troubleshoot minor problems that may occur in the bar area
- Control beverage waste
- Leading by example and following through with company policies
- Coordinating maintenance requests, as needed
- Training and coaching of new bartenders
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lead by example
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Strong attention to cleanliness and efficiency
- Ability to multitask
- Has strong leadership, coaching and training skills
- Ability to lift bend and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Every day is a high volume day with peaks and valleys as theater-arrive and order within a small window. Special events happen regularly in the theaters. These events often happen at the same time as regular service. Only the candidates with love of this rush should apply.
Reporting Manager: Service Manager
Starting Pay: $13/Hour
Full dental, vision and health benefits
401k eligible with matching after one year of employment
The Second City is an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.
The Second City is an e-verify employer. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Your employment is contingent upon employment authorization from e-verify.