This is a full-time (40 hr / week) position, salaried with benefits. The ideal candidate for this position is available for all banquet events and should be flexible to adjust as needed.
Everyday is a high volume day with peaks and valleys as theater goers arrive and order within a small window. Catered events happen regularly both in the theaters and 1959. These events often happen at the same time as regular service. Only the candidates with love of this rush should apply.
- Oversee the menu and operations for three theaters
- Oversee daily banquet events
- Responsible for delivering the highest quality food
- Run an efficient kitchen with quick food delivery, without compromising quality
- Responsible for inventory & ordering of products
- Maintain Vendor relationships
- Responsible for controlling labor costs & scheduling employees
- Culinary degree is preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing a large staff
- Skilled in menu creation, development and implementation
- Strong communication skills both to direct reports as well as to senior management
- Ability to lead by example
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Strong attention to cleanliness and efficiency
- Ability to multitask
- Has strong leadership, coaching and training skills
- Ability to lift bend and carry up to 40 lbs
- Detail-oriented and organized
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line “Banquet Manager”) No phone calls please. EEO.