The Associate Artistic Director for the Second City Training Centre is a leadership role supporting the overall mission and artistic vision of the organization.
- Work with Artistic Director to outline and execute a vision for all programming
- Attend auditions for various training Centre programs
- Mentor faculty – including processing evaluations, advising, training
- Serve as Head of the Improv Program
- Collect, read, track and utilize all feedback from teachers on a per-term basis
- Advise students on their path and options in the Training Centre
- Attend all resident company performances at least once per run
- Track and develop talent for possible advancement in the greater company
- Manage specific areas or projects as assigned by Artistic Director.
- Be an advocate for artistic growth and integrity
- Positively represent Second City and the Training Centre to the public and community
- Attend all full faculty meetings
- Schedule and lead Program-specific faculty meetings as needed
- Maintain scheduled office hours, which can flex based on schedule (15 per week minimum in office)
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities) –
- 5+ years of artistic work in sketch and improvisation
- Strong knowledge of Second City culture, process and work
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to lead others and manage faculty
- Proven facility in working with talent
- Strong supporter of artists and students
- Facility for problem solving
Term of Agreement The position is a one year term, renewable upon successful review and evaluation by the Vice President of the Training Centres.
Applications due May 31st. Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.