About the Second City
The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation with theatres and training centers in Chicago, Toronto, and Hollywood. We have full time touring ensembles, the Harold Ramis Film School, and a thriving B2B division focused on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insight. Founded in 1959, the company continues to grow rapidly in size and influence.
The AGM for our F&B operations is responsible for overseeing nightly operations of all F&B including: quality control, managing nightly service staff and creating/implementing policy for F&B procedures (with a goal of gaining efficiencies).
The AGM is also responsible for maintaining the POS systems, updating menu and staff changes and identifying and correcting tech issues. Managing COGS is imperative to ensure we’re operating both effectively and efficiently.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the GM. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K with employer match, PTO, cell phone allowance, parking and free shows!
Direct Reports: Service Managers, Chef and nightly F&B staff
- Scheduling of managers
- Menu selections and design
- Required to keep COGS at or under the correct percentages
- Overseeing the inventory system
- Oversee the ordering and organization of product
- Oversee the quality and security of storage spaces
- Required to keep labor at or under the correct percentages
- Ensure the staff is upholding local state and federal laws and codes for F&B service
- Make sure that customers are not overserved
- Correct certifications are held by required employees
- Food sanitation
- Liquor laws
- Have a full understanding of the makeup of the rooms (storage areas, bars, theaters, kitchens) and spaces to make recommendations for procedural changes.
- Will keep Communication with to Audience Services Manager & Special Events Team in regards to special circumstances and needs (pre-shift, nightly operations and customer service)
- Oversee nightly closing procedures (proper collection of cash, verifying punch in/outs, handle nightly disciplinary issues, etc.)
- Work with Security team as needed
- Vendor Management
- Oversee the CPR and safety training for staff
- Implement and oversee Incentives and sales contests
- Weekly payroll and reporting
- Minimum 3 years experience in F&B industry with a proven track record of creating new policies and procedures that drove efficiencies within the F&B operation
- Must have Experience/knowledge in food service
- Expediting skill
- General kitchen knowledge
- Food handler Manager certification
- Allergy Certification
- Must have some cocktail creation/Mixology experience
- Stock/open/breakdown a bar
- Must have Experience/Knowledge in Beverage Service
- Table service
- Running drinks
- Ordering drinks
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check and must be 21 and older.
The Second City is an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.