The Administrative Coordinator is a full time permanent position providing overall administrative support to all departments of The Second City Toronto. The Second City is seeking a hardworking, motivated and skilled individual with a passion for sales, customer service and company growth. Our ideal candidate will be a flexible individual who is highly detail oriented. This individual will be looking to work in a fast-paced, exciting and challenging environment. The hours are 8:30am-4:30pm Monday through Friday however some early morning, evening and weekend work may be required.
This position consists mainly of administrative duties however the selected individual will be expected to accurately assess incoming inquiry calls and enter leads into the company’s CRM system if needed to support the sales department.
- Traditional administrative duties like answering administrative phone line, receiving and distributing mail and couriers, ordering supplies, scanning invoices and arranging corporate hotel stays and travel arrangements.
- Maintain all office supplies including photocopier supplies, postage meter and business cards.
- Maintain the Xerox Machines including arranging service calls and maintenance needs.
- Maintain internal shared calendars for theatre, training centre and conference rooms.
- Record and distributes weekly minutes for the operations meeting.
- Maintain a tidy and stocked reception and kitchen area to include discarding lost and found items and arranging quarterly fridge clean outs.
- Solicit and compile department news for monthly staff newsletter.
- Assist Marketing department to ensure all performance, class and event listings are up-to-date.
- Assist Sales & Event Coordinator to organize and plan internal staff functions and external sales missions; research gift and promotional items, create swag bags, promotional ticket donations etc. in preparation for internal and external sales missions.
- Solid time-management abilities with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, in particular)
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- High school diploma; additional qualification in Office Administration is a plus
Second City is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply.Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please email resume and cover letter to
(subject line “Administrative Coordinator”). No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be notified for a phone screening in early May.