About the team
Second City Works is the business solutions side of The Second City, the world’s leading comedy theatre and school of improvisation. We serve more than 600 clients –including nearly 25% of the Fortune 500– through hands-on learning, licensed and co-created video, consumer insight programs, and custom live entertainment. When businesses engage Second City Works they develop unique insights and skills to better collaborate and create with their colleagues and customers. With a nationwide mix of clients across various industries, more than 4 million of their employees viewing our video content globally, and a Net Promoter Score of 82, we are adding to our sales team to expand our impact.
As it relates to our consumer insight programs, we will be hiring additional Business Development teammates to specifically focus on our Brandstage joint venture. This offering brings brand stakeholders, their target consumers, and Second City talent into the same room to collaborate on and accelerate the creative process. Literally putting a brand on our stage, companies see new concepts and ideas tested, tweaked and enriched using the same process that The Second City uses to develop award-winning, audience-centered content.
All of our Business Development Directors for Second City Works enable companies to better engage customers and employees by connecting the expertise and talent of The Second City to the expertise and talent of each business. For Brandstage specifically, we look for sales talent who come from brand marketing and consumer insights, who understand both the talent and the process dynamics at play with large scale branding campaigns and growth initiatives. Those who match well to this role carry a relevant industry network along with a new business development “hunter and connector” mindset. Also imperative in the role is the proven ability to collaborate internally as well as they do with clients. Like The Second City itself, our success with Second City Works is built on exploration, collaboration and saying “yes, and” to our partners. The opportunity for our Business Development Directors is to make companies more productive by leveraging the differentiating tenets, techniques and talent of The Second City. Brandstage is a prime example that we are proud to bring to the world’s premier brands.
- Identify, engage with and close regional, national and global brands on our Brandstage offering, discovering opportunities where Second City Works could be an essential component to a brand’s creative process
- Educate prospects on SCW: who we are, our capabilities, and how we are uniquely equipped to improve engagement and connection with any business’s employees or customers
- Manage all phases of the sales lifecycle across a variety of sales scenarios (new prospects, re-activations, growth within existing accounts)
- Partner with Brandstage Leadership, Client Services and Creative Talent, and our Partners to customize client programs and solutions, ensuring that we deliver on our promises
- 7+ years of consistent sales success, with majority of annual quota ($1M+) coming from new business
- Experience selling consumer insights or related brand marketing solutions to national or global brands, engaging multiple stakeholders within the branding lifecycle
- Deep industry knowledge, and relevant professional network within brand marketing
- Successful experience selling repeat or subscription-based solutions with expansion opportunities
- Evidence of closing key accounts where others have missed, via alternative approaches or solutions
- Proven reliability to self-manage schedule, targets and timelines
- Communication skills that make other people envious; collaboration skills that make teammates thankful
- Demonstrated sales success due to inquisitiveness, resilience and/or likeability. Preferably all 3.
Email email@example.com with the job in the subject line and resume attached.